Known Locations of the Generation Ships (Spoilers)

Spoiler Alert - if you do not want to know where they are, or what they look like, then don't read this post.

I've been reading the reports and watching the vids of the flurry of Generation ship sightings. It might be time for Toby and me to go see these ships in person. Once I get to them I will take my own pictures and type up additional notes for finding them, if needed.

Generation Ship Lycaon
Discovered by: CMDR Lexic Meise, Apr 23, 3303

System: Alaunus (no nav beacon, discovery scanner needed)
Distance from Rhea: 97 LY
Search Parameters: 10th planet; travel 22,000 light seconds in supercruise toward Horae

April 29, 3303. Toby and I had a free day, so we packed some food and extra beer and took the Mary Lee in search of the Lycaon. From Rhea the Alaunus system is only 97 light years. A quick trip.

How to find it: We arrived in Alaunus and had no mapping data for anything in the system. There is no nav beacon there, either. I ran the discovery scanner, and a lot of 'unexplored' objects were revealed. I counted down to the tenth 'unexplored' object that was probably a planet, and set course for it. It was about 10,000 light seconds from the sun. I scanned the planet when we arrived and it was confirmed as Alaunus 10. I then opened the galaxy map and selected the Horae system. I did my best to line up the Mary Lee between Alaunus 10 and Horae, and then I selected Alaunus 10 and engaged supercruise. Once the navigation panel showed Alaunus 10 was 20,0000 light seconds behind me, I slowed down and kept an eye on the navigation pane. Sure enough, at around 22,000 light seconds the Lycaon showed up and I was able to lock onto it:




Toby and I were both dumb struck at the dark majesty of the giant ship. We expected to see ghosts floating out from it at any moment. I flew up and down the length of it several times. Neither of us spoke.

How to download the five audio logs: Finally I decided to lock onto the ships logs spread down the length of the ship. Each one was marked by an antenna with a bright strobe light at the end of it. Navigating close enough for my data scanner to pick up the logs was a little tricky. A hundred meters seemed to be the magic number for the scanner to work.

We listened to the doctor's audio logs in continued silence, quietly sipping our beers.

Toby's only words until we left the system were, "I hope no one tries to salvage it. Their souls are at rest here. Whatever illness killed them should stay where it is."

I launched my camera drone to get a few external shots. The ghost ship is not near a light source, so I had to bump up the lighting in these photos. The color is a little off, but I wanted to make it visible.









Generation Ship Venusian
Discovered by: CMDR Klumpozyte, Apr 26, 3303

System: Kitae
Distance from Rhea: 77 LY
Search Parameters: Travel in supercruise toward Zephyrus

Generation Ship Hyperion
Discovered by: CMDR Vall, Apr 27, 3303

System: Lalande 2966
Distance from Rhea: 161 LY
Search Parameters: 4th planet; travel 7,000 light seconds in supercruise toward Yemaki


Generation Ship Odysseus
Discovered by: CMDR DarkShadowLYNX, Apr 28, 3303

System: Ross 859
Distance from Rhea: 211 LY
Search Parameters: Ross 859 B1

Generation Ship Thetis
Discovered by: CMDR Rhaider, Apr 28, 3303

System: Nefertem
Distance from Rhea: 23 LY

Search Parameters: Moon 6A

Generation Ship Pleione
Discovered by: CMDR Carbucketty, May 4, 3303

System: Hez UR
Distance from Rhea: ? LY


Search Parameters: Hez UR 5; 8,000 light seconds toward Teuten


No comments:

Post a Comment