Bookmarking Your Way Through the Galaxy

I've met new pilots and helped them where I could. Many have a glassy-eyed look, confused about where they started and where they are going. Sometimes they look at me desperately, saying, "I found a base that had an Asp Scout for sale, but now I can't find it again! I have to get out of this Hauler! The boxy piece of shit is driving me crazy!".

So stay calm, and when you first get started, open the galaxy map and find the bookmarks tab on the big menu on the left. This is where you should save systems you might want to return to later.



For any highlighted system in the map, the little pop up menu next to the system icon has a bookmark option to save it.



But don't just save the system name - you won't remember later why you added it! In the bookmarks tab of the main menu - take the option to edit the bookmark and type up some notes about it - such as "Rhea - ITO Orbital - Type 9!".

Also, it might help to bookmark your very first system - since one of the requirements to get an invitation from one of the hermit engineers is to "travel x light years from your starting system". That might help you map which way to fly to get the required distance under your belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment